I'm going to preface this bad review with the fact that the FIRST move I ever used movers for was just under 2 years ago and I hired Done Right and was EXTREMELY satisfied with their services.So when I moved this past weekend, I again used them...
I was LESS THAN satisfied with the service I received. The foreman was lazy and spent more time on the truck and texting on his phone than actually doing work. The two other men on the crew I cannot say a bad word about, other than perhaps they were given poor direction by the foreman and apparently did not know the difference between a dining room, living room, and bedroom. I called the office to let them know what was going on and instead of the foreman trying to get his act together and make it right, instead tried to become ingnorant and defensive with me while my fiance was not present to witness it.
(Side note: I am nearly 8 months pregnant). What took 3 men (of half this crew's height and weight) to move (aside from perhaps 3 additional major appliances and an extra table set - which were in the same area as the truck and broken down ready to go!!!) 2 years earlier 3 total hours and 1 hr of travel (approx 45 miles) AND they had to still help me wrap and pack most everything in my apt up, it took this crew 3 and 1/2 hours to move approx 0.8-1 miles away AND THEN, did not even complete the job. I understand I refused to pay them for over 3 and 1/2 hrs of work and that's why they left nearly 75% of my belongings on the tree bank in front of my house and threw everything else into the house or left it strewn about in the garage, but give me a break! When you quote someone for a 1 bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor to the 1st floor 1 mile away 2-3 hours, and then the foreman gets there, looks around but does not even bother to take a walk thru to verify contents and estimate the job properly and says 3 hrs, then proceeds to take 2 and 1/2 hrs just at the first location, gets to the 2nd location and says it will only take 1 more hour to get it all IN, that hour passes and then doesn't even come close to meeting that goal and dumps my stuff where people are circling around the block to see if its garbage for them to pick through, THAT IS RIDICULOUS!
I was offered no kind of refund or even common courtesy from the foreman, nor the office staff who "handled" my complaint. I hope the owner reads this and FIRES that foreman. Its workers like that, that give companies a bad reputation. I could go on and on about how horrible the service was and how they left boxes at my old apt and lost screws that were taped onto things purposely NOT to be lost, but I can;t even waste any more time.
Even with my frist experience being so amazing, I will NEVER use this company again, and I plan on filing in small claims court VERY SOON.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "First of all, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! They mislead me on price, took forever, and DESTROYED multiple items. Namely, I HAD a nice solid wood TV stand that..."
- "I Came to CR England in April of 2010 after 12 years in EMS (Ambulance Paramedic), after getting burnt out on health care. I came there with little more than..."
- "Poor workmanship,paid $900 extra for a patio wit cracks running through every block. Hasn't been fixed, put off since last Febuary..."
- "Bought this model at the end of season last year to get a decent sprinkler (model RP-OSTO-D). Finally used it last year a couple times and was pleased with it...."
- "i bought the mama cozzi mega stuffed pizza rolls the other day. I made 4 of them when, i bit into the last one it was filled with a white..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."